I found this nice tool while searching for Dynamics CRM 2013 best practices.
The Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Best Practices Analyzer is a diagnostic tool that performs the following functions:
- Gathers information about the CRM 2013 server roles that are installed on that server.
- Determines if the configurations are set according to the recommended best practices.
- Reports on all configurations, indicating settings that differ from recommendations.
- Indicates potential problems in the CRM 2013 features installed.
- Recommends solutions to potential problems.
You can find here also best development practices for Dyanmics CRM 2013